Marketing Copywriter / Assistant
We are looking for a creative and talented Copywriter, eager to inform and excite our customers about all things design. Help us to tell the world about what we are doing, the smiles we create and what makes Nest.co.uk so special in our industry of forever design.
If you are passionate about design and interiors and feel at home with the latest technology and digital communication, you could be the ideal addition to our marketing team. When it comes to e-commerce, content is king. It is vital to reinforce our tone of voice, differentiate ourselves from our competitors and most importantly, engage our customers by publishing high-quality compelling content.
A little bit more
Are you excited at the thought of researching, writing and publishing content onto our website – taking ownership of our journal articles, writing for a variety of marketing platforms and sharing our content across social media channels? Then we want to hear from you.
Working as our in-house Marketing Copywriter / Assistant, you’ll play a key role within our marketing team, with the responsibility of writing and executing quality on and offline content that adheres to our brand beliefs and tone of voice, presented in a way which exudes authority, knowledge and brings true value. You’ll work in collaboration with our in-house team of photographers, writers, creatives and press, reporting directly to our Marketing Manager.
Duties will include:
With the intention of acquiring traffic and maximising website conversion, you will write compelling, unique and resonant copy, in-line with our tone of voice and brand guidelines, for both on and offline marketing materials. This includes our inhouse Journal and all digital channels, including email, social media, press releases, advertising and branded printed assets.
Sourcing and uploading imagery high resolution into our content management system (CMS), whilst also formatting html text to create our ‘Be Inspired’ Journal posts.
Assisting in the development and management of marketing campaigns.
Using our CMS to assist in building product selections and landing pages to support marketing content and the marketing team.
Research specific audiences and write content that appeals to these audiences.
Collaborate with our SEO consultant to ensure written content is in line with best practise and supports ongoing activity to optimise search performance, whilst also modifying existing content in order to create SEO rich, evergreen content.
Take an active role in weekly team meetings, sharing ideas to drive and support future content and aid our Marketing Manager in the population of our marketing content strategy roadmap.
Assisting the marketing team with ad hoc tasks that often arise within a small team.
Previous experience in a copywriting role within a related industry with excellent spelling and grammar.
Experience of writing within a journalistic environment or blog.
Experience in writing SEO rich content that resonates with customers.
Experience of writing for varied marketing mediums and audiences and/or product focussed.
Experience or knowledge of writing content in line with a content strategy and user experience highly desirable.
Experience of writing and executing content via social media for a company/brand for a blog/journal, and social platforms including but not limited to; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
Experience uploading and administrating content via a cms, working in web, ecommerce and/ or digital marketing environments would be advantageous.
You will have sound knowledge of on and offline copywriting and marketing techniques.
Any exposure to Photoshop would be advantageous.
What type of person are you, to really excel in this role?
• Creative thinker and problem solver with a positive attitude
• Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Be a skilled collaborator who’s team-oriented with amazing organisational skills
• Be highly adaptable who is logical, clear and concise
• Have a high level of attention to detail
• Have a strong sense of accountability and ownership
• Able to use your initiative to research and write a broad catalogue of written content, putting forward ideas on new content for our discerning customers.
What will Nest.co.uk do for me?
•We will pay you a sum of £18,000 per annum
•We will make sure you take holidays, 20 days per year to be precise, then add one more for your Birthday, nobody should have to work on their Birthday.
• We offer all the Bank Holidays off; Bank Holidays are for families and loved ones, not for selling furniture.
• We will supply you with a spacious desk and plentiful office equipment at 9 Parkway Rise, Sheffield S9 4WQ
• Getting to us is easy via public transport but if you like to drive, we provide parking too.
• We will send you on as much training as we possibly can, this will include product training, role specific training and also personal development.
• You’ll have access to our Westfield Health scheme and Perkbox.
• We’ll help you save for the future with access to our Company pension scheme
• On site ping pong matches
• Social hour on a Friday afternoon pre 5.30, let’s wind down for the weekend together as a team.
If you would like to apply, please email your CV, Covering Letter and any other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org