Digital Product Editor
How would we sum up Nest.co.uk?
We sell beautiful modern furniture, designer lighting and contemporary home accessories. But what makes us different? It’s simple; we opt for timeless and authentic design that will last the test of time.We aren’t a big corporate machine – we genuinely love what we sell, endeavouring to make Nest.co.uk a destination for design, a pedestal and celebration of talent, creativeness and distinction.
We are proud that Nest.co.uk is a place we want to (and do) shop at ourselves which means the products we choose to sell are always selected for their functionality and enduring style. In the same way that going to a Michelin star restaurant is much more than just eating, our products are more than just places to sit at, sleep in or put things on. We find beauty you can sit on, sculptures you can eat at and investments you can relax on. Our chairs aren’t just chairs, they’re the chairs you’ve always wanted, they are an experience, memorable and destined to be heirlooms.
And so, we make sure our service is as good as our products. We can do this because we are a small (but perfectly formed) independent. Whether it’s our carefully thought-out website or our expert sales and customer service team, we have a personal, friendly service that you would struggle to find anywhere else.
You will be a key part of the purchasing team responsible for curating, producing and managing innovative, exciting and relevant content for the online product catalogue at Nest.co.uk.
How do you contribute?
In this junior level role you will support the Purchasing & Brand Liaison Manager in ensuring content is consistent, accurate, relevant and user-friendly.
Typical activities include:
• Manage the launch and execution of all online product launches ensuring products are consistent and optimised for search and user experience and that you update Teamweek and Trello to ensure other teams are in the know.
• Product library maintenance (titles, descriptions, imagery, pricing, product codes etc.)
• Managing pricing and promotions
• Liaise with marketing and merchandising to identify key products to ensure these are planned into the content calendar and launched on time
• Liaising with suppliers to request product information, availability, imagery etc
• Assist in creating, developing and driving the eCommerce content strategy
• Assist with ongoing website development and testing
• You will look after the general maintenance of the website (including general information pages) ensuring there are no broken links, misspellings, poor grammar, each brand and product specific page has relevant and appropriate information amongst other things
What type of person are you, to really excel in this role?
• You have an ability to write compelling copy
• You have an excellent grasp of maths and are able to interpret numbers and figures accurately
• You have a conscientious attitude to work · You are able and willing to take on new responsibilities
• You’re not afraid or put off by monotonous tasks and have excellent attention to detail
• You have a professional and committed approach to work
• You have the ability to prioritise, adapt and multi-task depending on changing priorities
• You are a pro-active, team player
• You are a communicator at all levels
• You have experience of using analytics or at least have a willingness to learn
• You have experience, an interest in and/or a willingness to learn CMS systems
• You have some basic experience of using Photoshop – although in-house training will be provided
• You have a basic knowledge of HTML – although in-house training will be provided
• You have an awareness of the online marketplace, including key competitors
• You have a passion for design and an interest in eCommerce
• You have an interest in the latest trends in the market and digital innovations
What is the nature of my key colleague relationships at Nest.co.uk?
You report to the Purchasing and Brand Liaison Manager, they are there to support you and guide you.
In the absence of the Purchasing and Brand Liaison Manager, you report to the Managing Director.
With the digital and marketing teams communication is key, you help them by feeding back product launch details and issues, they will need to help you by properly informing you of any new promotions or changes and by fixing any issues on the website.
Your role requires you to work closely with the Purchasing team. They will help you to maintain effective and efficient supplier relationships.
Your contact with the CEO is certainly not off limits, however, we would recommend that all feedback, ideas and suggestions go via the Purchasing and Brand Liaison Manager.
What will Nest.co.uk do for me?
• We will pay you a sum of £16,500 per annum
• We will make sure you take holidays, 20 days per year to be precise, then add one more for your Birthday, nobody should have to work on their Birthday.
• We offer all the Bank Holidays off; Bank Holidays are for families and loved ones, not for selling furniture.
• We will supply you with a spacious desk and plentiful office equipment at 9 Parkway Rise, Sheffield S9 4WQ.
• Getting to us is easy via public transport but if you like to drive, we provide parking too.
• We will send you on as much training as we possibly can, this will include product training, role-specific training and also personal development.
• We give you access to Perkbox, which includes a TasteCard.
• On-site ping pong matches.
• Social hour on a Friday afternoon pre 5.30, let’s wind down for the weekend together as a team.
• During working days, we will need you to be present at 9 Parkway Rise, Sheffield, S9 4WQ between 9am and 5.30pm or 8.30am and 5pm, with half an hour for your lunch.
• Sometimes we may send you somewhere else for the day, it might be a warehouse trip, a training trip, or somewhere fun with your colleagues. We will always try to give you plenty of notice when these need to happen.
The Nest.co.uk Values
Our customers, our colleagues, and the quality of our products and services are at the heart of our business culture.
We demonstrate this by living our values...
Quality... in everything that what we do and supply.
Be ‘On It’.... in our approach to our products, services, and customers.
Collaborate... we work as ‘one team’ in everything that we do and we keep it fair.
Have Fun... we love what we do and have fun doing it.
We Care...we don’t settle for anything but the best in what we sell and what we do.
Be Honest.... we are honest in our approach.
Respect.... we encourage and support each other in everything that we do and we do it respectfully.
How will the quality of my work be measured?
Your line manager will provide support and guidance via regular 121s and annual performance reviews.
Ensuring all product information is accurate and relevant, including all pricing, product descriptions and technical information.
Ensuring all grammar and punctuation is of the highest standard.
Ability to adapt and be flexible under pressure.
An ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and communicate these across teams is key.
Make sure all internal and external website links are working – we don’t want any digital dead ends.
Your line manager’s promise to you
I promise to understand that we are all only human. Mistakes will occur.
I promise to always be approachable.
I promise to give you constructive feedback.
I promise to say please and thank you.
I promise to make sure you get the training you require to do a brilliant job.
I promise to play to your strengths.
To apply please send a cover letter and your up-to-date CV to Toni Anne Dunleavy at firstname.lastname@example.org