Trade Sales Support – Full-time Post
How would we sum up Nest.co.uk?
We sell beautiful, iconic, authentic, future-proof furniture. We don't do fashionable, we don’t do this season’s look, we do forever fabulous. Why we’re different comes down to something simple; we care. We aren’t a big corporate machine – we genuinely love what we sell, endeavouring to make Nest.co.uk a destination for design, a pedestal and celebration of talent, creativeness and distinction. We are proud that Nest.co.uk is a place we want to (and do) shop at ourselves.
We understand you because we are you.
We make our own wish lists and, just like you, want to fill our homes with the kind of comfort, sentiment and personality that we’ll want to hold on to forever. In the same way that going to a Michelin star restaurant is much more than just eating, our products are more than just places to sit at, sleep in or put things on. We find beauty you can sit on, sculptures you can eat at and investments you can relax on. Our chairs aren’t just chairs, they’re the chairs you’ve always wanted, they are an experience, memorable and destined to be heirlooms.
And so, we make sure our service is as good as our products. We can do this because we are a small (but perfectly formed) independent. Whether it’s our carefully thought-out website or our expert sales and customer service team, we have a personal, friendly service that you would struggle to find anywhere else.
Nest.co.uk need a dynamic and motivated individual to take on responsibility as trade sales support specialist within our constantly growing multi-channel company. We expect applicants to be friendly, highly organised and customer centric in their approach. This will be a challenging but well supported role, working within a small but dedicated team. Our team have energy and drive in abundance, we expect you to be the same. You would be supporting our Trade Sales Consultant.
How do you contribute?
You will support the Trade Sales Consultant in producing quotes and offering product advice to clients, ensuring all customers are updated on the progress of their order. Typical activities include:
- Logging activity on our Trade Portal
- Dealing with customer product enquiries with ability and confidence
- Building good rapport with each customer to facilitate retention
- Tracking an order from start to finish to ensure a seamless customer journey
- Entering opportunities and activities in our CRM system
- Processing and keeping track of balance settlements
- Creating quotes and proforma invoices and facilitating order processing
- Requesting and sending out samples
- Speaking with our brands with regards to lead times and product availability
- Providing information to clients regarding their order status and stock availability
- Emailing product/sales information as requested by sales consultant
- We do not make cold calls but we do encourage carefully targeted ‘warm’ calls to potential new Customers. You will be involved in this.
- Answering the main phone line, directing calls and taking messages
- Dealing with queries from the public, trade and existing clients via email systems
- Use of live chat through our website, both proactive and reactive
- Maintenance of the Trade Sales sheet, tracking costs and figures
What type of person are you, to really excel in this role?
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Competent computer skills, specifically Excel.
- The ability to quickly learn new processes and systems
- Attention to detail
- Grace under pressure; keep calm and carry on
- Polite assertiveness
- The ability to work both with a team and individually
- Willingness to join in with group work and fun
What will Nest.co.uk do for me?
- We will pay you a sum of £16,500 per annum
- We will make sure you take holidays, 20 days per year to be precise, then add one more for your Birthday, nobody should have to work on their Birthday.
- We offer all the Bank Holidays off; Bank Holidays are for families and loved ones, not for selling furniture.
- We will supply you with a spacious desk and plentiful office equipment at 9 Parkway Rise, Sheffield S9 4WQ
- Getting to us is easy via public transport but if you like to drive, we provide parking too.
- We will send you on as much training as we possibly can, this will include product training, role specific training and also personal development.
- We give you access to Perkbox, which includes a TasteCard
- On site ping pong matches
- Social hour on a Friday afternoon pre 5.30, let’s wind down for the weekend together as a team.
During working days, we will need you to be present at 9 Parkway Rise, Sheffield, S9 4WQ between 9am and 5.30pm, with half an hour for your lunch. Sometimes we may send you somewhere else for the day, it might be a warehouse trip, a training trip, or somewhere fun with your colleagues. We will always try to give you plenty of notice when these need to happen.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.