Application closing date: 28/02/2015
Hours: Full time - flexible working hours will be considered
Salary: £17,500 - £20,000 per annum dependant on experience and subject to a 40 hour working week
Annual leave: 28 days annual leave (inclusive of the usual bank holidays)
Other: Free parking, close to the City Centre and a fabulous staff discount.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Logistics Co-ordinator to join our fast-paced and growing company.
The role will involve planning and co-ordinating collections and deliveries (courier, dedicated and freight) in the UK and internationally.
The successful applicant will need to have a good understanding of global multi-modal transport routes, international trade, customs procedures and preferably shipping fragile and valuable products.
The ideal candidate will be efficient and well-organised with a logical and methodical approach, a team player with a very high attention to detail and the ability to self manage.
We need a fabulous communicator with excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to solve problems and think quickly.
- Co-ordinate all logistics movements for outbound deliveries to clients.
- Communicate with co-loaders and shipping lines to coordinate International freight shipments.
- Handle quotes, bookings and tracking requests for international freight.
- Build relationships with providers and actively work on delivering the best quality service to our customers at the best rates for our business.
- Log and track all international freight shipments.
- Submit reports and recommendations for senior management and directors.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by senior management and directors.
You will be located at our distribution centre in Sheffield at:
Parkwood Business Park
75 Parkwood Road
To apply, please send a cover letter stating why you'd be excellent for this role and an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to know us
To get a glimpse into our world, check out: