Welcome to our hub of interior ideas, good design and favourite things we think you should know about. Delve into our philosophy of forever design and get the dose of inspiration you need to help find your style and create a timeless home that truly works.
Dine with Glas Italia
The festive season of hosting and entertaining loved ones is fast approaching, which means now is the ideal time to reinvent your dining space if you were planning to do so.
We’ve recently noticed a great deal of focus on materials such as marble, wood, concrete and statement metallics. However, we thought that glass – a timeless and sophisticated material - deserved a little more attention! Classically beautiful and highly functional, the transparent properties of glass allow for natural light to shine through, therefore helping to create a sense of space within even the smallest of rooms.
The ideal company for exquisite handcrafted glass furniture is Glas Italia, which was established in the early 1970s and resides in the town of Macherio, Milan. The architectural renewal of their contemporary headquarters was implemented by Piero Lissoni, a renowned furniture designer for Glas Italia. The entire building is like a sculptural art form in itself, with dark vertical plates of U-glas wrapping around the new exterior to create a corporate yet intriguing look. The utilisation of different forms of glass both inside and out reflects the impeccable quality of Glas Italia’s design innovations and principles. Each design is produced with utmost respect by master Italian glass makers and is made to order with a worthwhile delivery time of 6-8 weeks.
One of Glas Italia’s main design principles is all about exploring the limitless possibilities of glass, through complex manufacturing processes and working with some of the world’s most talented designers. The designs range from classy and luxurious to vibrant and extravagant, with subtle variations of tone and colour.
- The Alister Transparent Rectangular Table was designed by Jean-Marie Massaud, a highly attentive designer known for combining comfort and elegance through architecture and furniture design. The rectangular table top almost appears as if it is floating, thanks to the sharp sloping angles of the extralight glass table legs.
- The white glossy lacquered version of the Atlantis Tavoli Alti Dining Table by Lorenzo Arosio transforms a formal yet graceful design into a sleek statement centrepiece.
- Jasper Morrison is known for his playful furniture and the Mirror Mirror Table is no exception. Comprised of double-faced mirrored slabs, this glossy and effortlessly glamourous table is well-suited to both traditional and modern settings.
Make a statement by complimenting a Glas Italia table with a dramatic pendant or suspension light.
- Designed by Patricia Urquiola, the Faint Table features a sleek ombre table top which fades from a pure white finish into complete transparency on the opposite side. This daring effect transforms an otherwise unconventional and simplistic table into an intriguing masterpiece. Quirky and unusual designs aren’t a new concept for Patricia Urquiola, who has also worked on showrooms and restaurants and in architecture and franchising. Some of her most notable works are the Comback Chair for Kartell and the romantic Smock Swivel Armchair for Moroso.
- Piero Lissoni has taken the traditional antique table leg and transformed it into a contemporary work of art with the Post Modern Table.
When light shines through this unusual table designed by Piero Lissoni, an eclectic rainbow of vibrant colour merges together to create a subtle yet mesmerising glow. These psychedelic colours are highly reminiscent of the 1960s and 70s and would look fantastic coupled with a classic chair. A white, black or rich walnut design from the likes of Fritz Hansen, Tom Dixon or Cherner would make the perfect accompaniment.
If you wish to find out more information about Glas Italia, please call + 44 (0) 114 243 3000
(option 1) or email email@example.com.