Welcome to the Nest Journal, our hub of interior ideas and good design. Find your style, delve into our philosophy of forever design and get the dose of inspiration you need to create a timeless home that truly works. Like what you see? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more.
Nest.co.uk Top Ten Sideboards
From simple Scandinavian delights to quirky statement designs, we've selected our top 10 sideboards to help you discover the perfect match for your home.
Punt Tactile Long Sideboard
- Versatile choice – Streamlined design with glossy white drawers and doors and a walnut exterior
- Use with ease – Simple touch system to open doors and drawers
- Design you can trust – Award-winning bestseller (with a whole lot of love from us at Nest.co.uk!)
There's a reason this bestselling sideboard was the winner of the Wallpaper* Design Award in 2008. A timeless, sophisticated staple for any home, the Tactile Long Sideboard will beautifully complement living rooms, bedrooms, hallways and dining rooms, offering ample storage space whilst keeping your items neatly hidden away. A true design classic.
Treku Aura S8 High Sideboard
- Bright, unique design – Classic Nordic influences and modern brights come together for a contemporary must-have
- Store and display – Simple touch drawers and vibrant display dividers make for a multifunctional storage solution
- Loved by Nest.co.uk customers – Bestseller in the sideboards category
Putting the fun in functional, the Treku Aura S8 Sideboard is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to add a pop of vibrant colour into their space without making too much of a bold statement. The tall cylindrical metal legs and slim design of the body make this attractive sideboard a suitable choice for the hallway, as it doesn't take up too much space. A design enthusiast's delight.
Muuto Reflect Sideboard
- Warm, friendly appeal – Simple Scandinavian design at its finest
- Unique features – Gentle curved doors reflect light in intriguing ways
- Designed by Søren Rose – Trusted jury member of the Danish Design Award and acclaimed designer for Ferm Living and Menu
There's something undeniably cosy about the Muuto Reflect Sideboard, thanks to its warm, solid oak wood build and simple, charming character. The Reflect series is also comprised of a smaller sideboard and drawer system – ideal for bedrooms and snug spaces. There's not much to say in terms of fancy features or advanced ergonomics, but that's the appeal with the Reflect Sideboard – what you see is what you get and it's very pleasing to the eye.
Vitra Prouve RAW Office Edition Bahut
- Exclusive piece – Limited edition collection available until late 2016
- Exciting collaboration – Second rejuvenation of classic 1940s Jean Prouvé collection from Vitra and G-Star RAW
- Industrial meets contemporary – Irresistible combination of old and new
Staying true to the original aesthetic of Jean Prouvé's classic designs, the Vitra Prouve RAW Office Edition Bahut offers retro style with modern-day ergonomics – a sleek, sliding door and adjustable inner shelving. Made from solid oak and powder-coated steel, this heavy-duty sideboard references the sage green of industrial machinery, appealing to those with a vintage taste. What's not to love?
Diesel with Moroso Perf Credenza
- Attractive colours and materials – Verdigris and punchy red make the perfect match with perforated metal doors
- Every bit rock 'n' roll – Moroso's traditional craftsmanship meets Diesel's alternative edge for a design that's effortlessly cool
- Mid-century appeal – Reminiscent of 1950s modernism
If the Diesel with Moroso Perf Credenza was a person, then it would definitely be in a rock band. With a rugged, industrial aesthetic, you'd expect this sideboard to be of a heavy weight, but it's actually surprisingly lightweight – no problems with maneuvering here. The inside is softened with simple wood shelving, which can be utilised however you wish. The 'Perf'ect Credenza.
E15 SB02 Farah Sideboard
- Quality materials – Manufactured by E15, the masters of wood
- Elegant design – Smooth European wood finish and subtle brushed stainless steel legs
- Simple storage – One inner shelf for flexible storage configurations
Every E15 product is highly distinguishable from the masses and that's thanks to the quality and utilisation of the wood that is used for production. The E15 SB02 Farah Sideboard is no exception, which is available in contemporary oak or walnut. Each detail is carefully considered, from the adjustable foot leveller to the soft-close hinges on the doors. Impeccably designed.
Carl Hansen CH825 Credenza
- Mid-century chic – Relaunched design from the 1950s to mark designer Hans J. Wegner's 100th birthday
- Advanced ergonomics – Robust roller shutter doors hide within the body of the sideboard to save space
- Made for you – Adjustable inner shelving and pull-out drawers allow for a variety of configurations
We're always excited when a classic is brought back to life for the modern market, as the subtlety of the changes demonstrates just how timeless great design can be. The Carl Hansen CH825 Credenza was relaunched in oiled walnut instead of rosewood and teak, but apart from that, not much else has changed. The design features simple inner shelves and pull-out drawers that are ideal for documents or papers – one for the office maybe? One of CH&S' greatest successes.
BD Barcelona Design Tout va Bien Cabinet
- Art meets design – An eclectic mix of contemporary graphics, fantasy and hieroglyphic language
- A statement piece – Not one to shy away in a corner – a definite conversation starter
- An investment piece – One to pass through the family for generations to come
Love it or hate it, the BD Barcelona Design Tout va Bien Cabinet is something to behold and admire (and we personally love it!). The 3D graphic design is almost like a story told through the most unusual of mediums and that's what makes the BD Barcelona Design Tout va Bien Cabinet so special. Give it its own special space in your home and let it be the centre of attention.
Punt Sussex Sideboard
- Divider meets sideboard – Rich oak veneer slats applied all-round for a multifunctional product
- Classic British design – Inspired by the angled roof of an English cottage
- Flexible storage – Each compartment features adjustable shelving to suit your requirements
When we think of refined British design, we think of Sir Terence Woodgate. Available in rich Natural Walnut, Natural Oak and Stained dark grey, the Punt Sussex Sideboard is a fine example of considered design, with only the highest quality wood selected for production. Whether you want to use it as a stand against the wall in your bedroom or as a room divider in your living room, the Punt Sussex Sideboard will fulfil multiple requirements. A practical beauty.
Zanotta 744 Speed Tall Sideboard – Sliding Door
- Retro geometrics – Glossy sliding door features silk-screen printed glass with circular design
- Clever storage – Slide to display or obscure different compartments
- An alternative choice – When a wooden sideboard just won't cut it
If you're always on the lookout for something a little bit different or intriguing, then the Zanotta 744 Speed Tall Sideboard with Sliding Door might be one to capture your attention. The main feature of this design is the retro geometric print on the sliding door, which is simple yet bold at the same time. The sideboard stands on a nickel-plated and brushed steel base, which is a complementary finishing touch for this attractive design. Classic meets contemporary.
Which sideboard has taken your fancy? Let us know on Twitter @nest_co_uk #top10sideboards
For help and advice on finding your perfect sideboard, please email email@example.com, call 0044 114 243 3000 or get in touch on Live Chat.